Policy of Acceptable Website Use
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms
between you and us under which you may access our website essentially-england.com (our site). This
acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and
agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which
supplement our terms of website use.
a site operated by Essentially England
(we or us). Our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use our site only for lawful
purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local,
national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or
has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm
minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download,
use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as
set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any
unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other
form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload
any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke
loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code
designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any
part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with,
damage or disrupt: any equipment or network on which our site is
stored; any part of our site; any software used in the provision of our site;
or any equipment or network or software owned or
used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all
material which you contribute to our site (contributions),
and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter
of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any
contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any
country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any
- Contain any material which is obscene,
offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex,
religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade
mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a
third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s
privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or
annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to
misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us,
if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act
such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether
there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our
site. When a breach of this policy has
occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy
and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of
your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any
posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement
of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable
administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law
enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in
response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are
not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any
time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to
time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be
superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere
on our site.
Essentially England, June 2016